Historical History

Welcome to my blog! I hope you'll find the information here useful and applicable to you and your classroom.

History teachers PREPARE students for the FUTURE by teaching about the PAST

13 January 2009

Xtranormal

Have you ever done "role playing" in the classroom? If you teach anything, then I would be willing to bet you have done some sort of role play. While role playing is fun for students and educational, wouldn't it be awesome if your students could write and direct their own short film about the unit being taught? Well, they can! It is called xtranormal and the students can write the script, select the actors, the set, and various camera angles. It is a fascinating tool to be used in the classroom. If you have been keeping up to date with this blog, you know I do not have a classroom of my own yet, but if you have used this website in your classroom I would love to know how it went.



I have created a sample film to see what sort of things it could do, and I was absolutely amazed. If your school district is fortunate enough to have laptops in the classroom or a computer lab, then this can be used for your class. This website allows the students to be their own directors and shoot movies that pertain to the subject matter being taught, which can be shared with the whole class as a review or teaching method. If you haven't already checked it out, go take a look. I have embedded the link in the title of this post. Camera, Lights, ACTION!

No comments:

Post a Comment