Historical History

Welcome to my blog! I hope you'll find the information here useful and applicable to you and your classroom.

History teachers PREPARE students for the FUTURE by teaching about the PAST

18 December 2008

So It Begins


I just created a blog spot to use as a teacher in the future. I plan to use this for all my education success and defeats. I got the idea from searching for and reading other teachers web pages. I do not have a classroom of my own yet, but I figure, why wait? I graduated from William Jewell College this December and spent the last semester student teaching for Liberty Public School District in Liberty, MO., which is like a northern suburb of Kansas City. In addition, I just got hired as a substitute teacher for the district, which I hope will help get a full-time teaching job in the district when, and if, one opens.

My first day of student teaching was an exciting day, which seems so long. I woke up, got ready, had breakfast with my wife, Alexa, and headed for the door. As I was about to leave, Alexa said, "Stop! We have to get a picture of your first day of school." Reluctantly, I agreed and she snapped a quick picture on my way out the door. Not my finest moment, but I am glad she had the idea to capture that moment in history. Whatever else I may forget, I will never forget what I wore on my first day of student teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment